Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall is in the air and yes, I already got my PSL...

Hi All! 

It's October! Everything is starting to change colors and you can definitely feel the brisk fall air starting to creep in.  The weather for the most part is still pretty good but getting crisp at night, which I really enjoy and like to tell all my CA friends how cold I am here since they have been having hot hot days lately. I am guessing that will come back to haunt me later when they are on the beach in February and I am bundled up like a an eskimo walking to and from practice. Brrrr.

We had our free weekend last weekend (Sept 27th-29th) and we really wanted to go to Germany for Oktoberfest but it did not end up working out. Good thing for us there is plenty to do around Switzerland.  A girl on our team has a sister that lives in Neuchatel, which is about an hour away from us by train and right on the coast of a gorgeous lake, and she said there was a wine festival going on so we decide to head there Saturday mid day.  We really had no idea what to expect, I was expecting something small (its not that big of a town) and like a few streets closed with food and wine (duh) tasting etc etc.  Boy was I wrong.  We got off the train, and there were tons of people around, they all were walking one specific way so we just followed them.  We walk to the main part of town and we can hear music off to our right but can't really see anything yet. We decide to go down to water because it looks so pretty.  Which it was. 


This was the view. It was so pretty.  There was a large park with grass and even a sand volleyball court.  Everyone was hanging out and there were a ton of people. 

We started to walk towards the music we heard and we turned a corner and bam! Thousands of people. There was a carnival with rides and games. SO many places to get food. Any kind of food. It was like a fair on crack! So many kids and people just hanging out enjoying live music and getting drinks.  They had local DJ's playing every few blocks with all types of music.  Our first stop though was a booth that sold Sangria! We met these fellows at one of the bars and had to take a picture. Who doesn't love a kilt??


Surprisingly we didn't have any wine..just the Sangria and then beer. It was easier to find I think with bars on every corner.


How can you not be happy in a place like this?


Roomies <3


Mayfers and I


Soooo if you know me you know I love Mexican food and there was a Mexican restaurant right by the festival. We may have went twice. This is Dezzie and I with a Mango Margarita. Oh yes. 


Look at that. Slice of heaven right there.


So many people! They said that over the course of the 3 days it ran there was 500,000 people that came. 


A marchant selling sunglasses told me I had to get these since I had flowers in my hair. I mean why not? Flower Power. 


Mayfers looking purdy on the water


One for now, one for later! It's a long train ride home :)


We had so much fun on Saturday we decided to go back on Sunday.  We dance all night with a DJ playing awesome music. Dez even made her way up to the DJ booth. It was a great weekend overall. 

This was the second night.


Let me take a selfie...


<3


Over all successful weekend with some great people. Love my job!!

We had a good week of practice and were preparing for our home tourney that was on Oct 4th.  There  were 6 teams all from around Switzerland that came so it was our first time playing teams that we will be competing against when season starts here in about two weeks. CRAZY. Preseason flew by!  

We had team pictures this week, and finally got to try own our jerseys and stuff! We are blue and gold Fitting since most of my friends are UCLA alumni, including my boyfriend, and having worked at USC last year...have to admit its kinda funny. Here are some pics from that!

Here is the whole team and staff! 

515


51514


The girls


So awkward haha


The Americans!


Typical




Here are some pictures from our tourney this weekend, It was really fun.  We played a total of 4 teams. 2 games to 25 each. We had pool play first and got first in our pool and moved up. We split with a team and then beat another. The next pool was the winner from the other pool (Kuniz) and another team from our pool who got 3rd overall in points from the leftover teams.  We lost both games when we played Kuniz, who got 2nd place in the Swiss league last year, and even though its tough to lose sometimes, I also think it's good to figure out things we need to work on and we would rather figure that out now that later in the season.  

Headed to the gym and it was all foggy!















After the tourney we went home and made Mayf's birthday dinner (Tacos!) and got ready to go out in Berne with the team!


Dez made a cake and got sparklers!


Sunday = recovery day. We sat on the coach and watched movies all day while outside it stormed like crazy.  First thunder and lightning storm since we have been here. It was nice a nice day with the roomies. 


We only have 2 practice this week and we head to Linz, Austria early Wednesday for 5 days for our last preseason trip! I am so excited. We are driving there, which is not always ideal, but at least the views are always amazing. It takes a little over 7 hours so I have my kindle and snacks and I am sure it will go quick. Check another country off the list! I will make sure to  take a lot of pictures and will catch you up on how it goes.  Once we get back, the next weekend we have our first match of actual season and we will be mid way through October! Time flies...


Until next time....BYEEEE!














No comments:

Post a Comment